Childhood Asthma: References
References relate to articles:
Full colour PDF of the pages as they appeared in ‘best practice’.
Printer friendly PDF.
References and bibliography
- Management of Asthma in Children Aged 1 – 15 Years. Paediatric Society of New Zealand, 2005.
Available from: http://www.nzgg.org.nz Keyword:asthma
- British Thoracic Society; Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network. British Guideline on the Management of Asthma, May 2008.
Available from http://www.sign.ac.uk Keyword:asthma (Accessed September 2008)
- AMH. Asthma Management Handbook. National Asthma Council of Australia, 2006.
Available from: http://www.nationalasthma.org.au/cms/index.php (Accessed September 2008)
- ISAAC Steering Committee. Worldwide Variation in Prevalence of Symptoms of Asthma, Allergic Rhinoconjunctivitis and Atopic Eczema: ISAAC. Lancet. 1998;351:1225-7.
- Asher M, Barry D, Clayton T, Crane J, D’Souza W, Ellwood P, et al. The Burden of Symptoms of Asthma, Allergic Rhinoconjunctivitis and Atopic Eczema in Children and Adolescents in Six New Zealand Centres: ISAAC Phase One. NZ Med J. 2001;114:114-20.
- Asher MI, Stewart AW, Clayton T, Crane J, Ellwood P, Mackay R, et al. Has the prevalence and severity of symptoms of asthma changed among children in New Zealand? ISAAC Phase Three. NZ Med J. 2008;121:52-63.
- Pattemore PK, Ellison-Loschmann L, Asher MI, Barry DM, Clayton TO, Crane J, et al. Asthma prevalence in European, Māori, and Pacific children in New Zealand: ISAAC study. Pediatric Pulmonology. 2004;37(5):433-42.
- BPAC. Asthma and chronic cough in Māori children. Best Practice Journal May 2008;13:20-4.
Available from http://www.bpac.org.nz/?keyword=cough
- Chang AB et al. Cough in children: definitions and clinical evaluation. Position statement of the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand. MJA 2006; 184:398-403.
- Van Asperen PP, Mellis CM, Sly PD. The role of corticosteroids in the management of childhood asthma. MJA 2002;176:169-74.
- Masoli M, Weatherall M, Holt S, Beasley R. Systematic review of the dose response relation of inhaled fluticasone propionate. Arch Dis Child 2004;89:902-7.
- Mckean M, Ducharme F. Inhaled steroids for episodic viral wheeze of childhood. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (Online). 2000(2):CD001107.
- Ministry of Health (2007). Portrait of Health, Ministry of Health: Wellington.
Available from http://www.moh.govt.nz Search:portrait
- Early Exposure to Tobacco Smoke. Karolinska Institutet (July 2008)
Available from http://ki.se Select English and Keyword:Tobacco
- Gilliland, FD, Islam T, Berhane, K, Gauderman, WJ, McConnell, R, Avol, E, and Peters, JM. Regular smoking and asthma incidence in adolescents. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine Vol 174. pp. 1094-100, (2006).
- Clearing the Air: Asthma and Indoor Air Exposures (2000) Committee on the Assessment of Asthma and Indoor Air, Division of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Institute of Medicine. National Academies Press, 2000.
Available from http://www.nap.edu Keyword:asthma
- Pattemore P. Intermittent Asthma in Children. NZ Fam Physician 2008;35(3):207-10,